Period city house in a sought-after location in the Lido area
In the heart of the city, and just a few minutes’ walk from the hotel area, this city house is located in one of the best areas in Funchal. Close to all amenities and with a wide range of restaurants at your disposal, the property offers three bedrooms and a self-contained two-bedroom apartment with separate garage on the ground floor.
This is an excellent rental investment as the entire property is already licensed for the short-term holiday rental market. Alternatively one can just rent the ground floor apartment and keep the main house as a family home.
The solid wood entrance door to the main house, with black iron details, opens up to a wide corridor paved in pitch pine or ’casquinha’.
The living/dining area, to your left side, is bright and generous in size, featuring high ceilings. Ten years ago, when the property was remodelled, the wooden windows were substituted by aluminium ones. Despite that modernization, the traditional internal shutters, lacquered in white, have been preserved.
Further ahead, a winter garden was converted into a TV/sitting room, featuring a tiled floor and the same warm yellow walls as the living & dining area.
A wide window guarantees natural light to the modern and functional kitchen, also paved in “casquinha”. A space under the staircase is used as a pantry and there are two additional rooms which are currently being used as a laundry and storage area; one of them could easily be turned into an extra bedroom.
A guest WC, paved in pitch pine ‘casquinha’, completes the accommodation at this level.
The upper floor is reserved for the three bedrooms. The main bedroom has a generously sized dressing area and a private bathroom with a shower and bathtub. Fresh and full of light, the master bathroom features generously sized windows and white marble floors and worktops. From the master bed, one can enjoy city and ocean views over a private veranda, south oriented.
The other two bedrooms have a shared bathroom where white marble details are also present in addition to the mirror walls. Whilst one of the bedrooms is oriented south-east, benefitting from the morning sun, the other faces north-west, enjoying the sunset. Both are spacious in size and have wide windows, fitted wardrobes and plenty of storage space.
The front balcony is surely the best place to relax and enjoy the morning sun. Breakfast here also grants a tranquil, green view towards an established Quinta/Manor house on the opposite side of the street. This balcony has period brown tiles featuring black arabesques, from 1926, when the property was built. In fact, this date is carved in the front lawn with black beach pebbles.
- Originally built in 1926 but completely refurbished in 2004;
- Bright and generously sized internal areas featuring high ceilings;
- Solid wooden "casquinha" floors throughout, including in the kitchen and guest WC;
- Additional siting room next to the living/dining area;
- In the living/dining room, the original wooden windows were substituted by aluminium ones, but the typical madeiran style internal shutters, lacquered in white, have been preserved;
- Functional and bright family kitchen with a pantry and adjacent storage area;
- Three bedrooms, one of them with ensuite bathroom, dressing area and a private balcony facing the ocean;
- The other two bedrooms share a family bathroom and feature large windows and fitted wardrobes;
- Extra storage room on the ground floor could be turned into a guest bedroom;
- Licensed as a short-term holiday property (Alojamento Local/Local Lodging);
- Garage for two cars;
- Self contained two-bedroom apartment on the lower level.
Bedrooms - 3
Guest WC - 1
Bathrooms - 2
Cable / Satellite TV
Solid wooden floors
|Portugal > Madeira > Funchal|
|View:||Ocean and city|
|Number of floors:||3|
|Plot Size:||326 m2|
|Gross Area:||397 m2|