Unique classical villa near old town Funchal
Classical villa set in exotic terraced gardens, with swimming pool, stunning views to the ocean, harbour and mountains and only 5 Minutes from Palheiro Golf.
Situated in a very popular high class residential area of Funchal within walking distance of the old town and 5 minutes drive of Palheiro Golf, the Villa contains some of the finest architectural and landscaping features found on any property on the Madeiran Archipelago. The area has just benefited from the installation of a new 'state of the art' water supply and drainage system together with new road surfaces.
As one of the finest classical town houses of Funchal it would make a perfect family home or it would also suit for combined residential / office use.
One of the main features is the imposing tower accessed from the 2nd floor providing a full 360 degree view of Funchal and an unequalled vantage point for viewing the New Year Firework Celebrations.
The house is thought to have been originally built about 1925 and has been maintained to very high standard by its previous and current owners who have owned it for 12 years.
The spacious entrance hall with art nouveau glazed hardwood doors leads into a large lounge with attached winter garden, dining room, and main hallway with staircase. All rooms of the house have classic high ceilings and are very spacious.
The Winter Garden is accessed from the living room through arches. The stylish floors throughout the ground floor are stone tiles surrounded by hardwood maple borders.
The main hall has a wide mahogany sweeping staircase to a beautiful landing with floors of pitch pine leading to the master suite, three other bedrooms and two bathrooms. There is also an oak/pitch pine rear staircase from the ground floor which also gives access to the second floor. The master suite has a balcony which overlooks the bay of Funchal.
The second floor comprises a main room of substantial size with recessed lighting and Velux roof-windows. There is also a reception room and a bedroom together with a small Shower room with hand basin and WC.
The Property Comprises:
- 3 reception Rooms.
- 6 bedrooms including a master suite with en-suite bath/shower room with bidet and WC.
- Large home office or games room/gym.
- Landmark Tower.
- Winter Garden.
- Breakfast Room.
- 2 Kitchens.
- Downstairs WC.
- Laundry block with separate WC.
- Swimming Pool.
- Covered Terrace with WC.
- Top tiled open terrace with storage building.
- Barbecue alfresco Kitchen.
- Well maintained garden including terraces of approx 1250 m2 with Exotic Plants, orchids and mature architectural trees and palms, and a variety of fruit trees including mango, advocados, bananas, pitanga
- Garaging/Car space for up to 5 cars with space for more if needed with electric entrance doors and gates.
- Can be sold fully furnished if required
Special Features :
- The entire perimeter of the property is walled with substantial quinta-style concrete walls topped with bougainvillea, pyrostegia (flame vine) and other hedging.
- The pavements and pathways are of small traditional Madeiran cobbles with beautiful ornate wrought iron fences
- The property benefits from water from the levadas and has a water storage tank with new pump for approx thirty cubic metres of water at a cost of approx €uro 8 per annum !
- In 2012 the roads immediately around the property have had a new 'State-of-the-Art' water supply and drainage system installed with new road surfaces following the construction work.
- Three-phase electricity is installed.
- There are four entrances to the property with intercom to the main gate.
- The property benefits from well designed external traditional lighting and electricity supply.
- There are three tiled terraces covered with traditional Madeiran pergolas of mature bougainvillea.
- Full Internet Access with Leased Line and IP address.
- There is a garage with electric door which can fit two small cars as well as secure car parking for up to three cars on an upper terrace accessed by an electric sliding steel gate.
- Within the garden there is an ornate Cave/Grotto with exposed rock face and shallow pond.
- A wireless burglar alarm system and external security lights and cameras (accessible remotely) are installed to give you peace of mind when you are away.
The floor areas of the villa are as follows :
- Ground floor 229.68 m2
- First floor 181.87 m2
- Second floor 176.61 m2
- Tower 20.23 m2
- Total villa floor area 643.39 m2
|Rua Conde Carvalhal, Santa Maria Maior|
|Property Type:||Manor House / Quinta|
|View:||Ocean and city|
|Number of floors:||3|
|Plot Size:||1250 m2|
|Covered Area:||305 m2|
|Uncovered Area:||950 m2|
|Gross Area:||640 m2|
|Terrace Area:||135 m2|